Social Networking concepts and sites have become increasingly popular among condominium and homeowner residents as a medium to:
Share news, documents and ideas:
- Organize activities and events
- Enhance owner participation, communication and feedback
- Gauge the pulse and public opinion of the community
- Improve delivery of services, and
- Strengthen the bonds of their communities
Unlike websites that are updated weekly or monthly–at best–Social Networking sites offer up-to-the-second information; thus, increasing exponentially the level of interaction and information exchange between homeowners. I believe the most popular sites are: Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
There is an explosion in the use of Social Networking concepts and sites for business and personal use. It’s only a matter of time before these tools are used by homeowner associations. Be on the forefront of this technological wave by jumping in today and creating association-specific groups on one or more of these sites to enhance communication and community.
Wonderful post by our partners at HOAManagement.com.